Stan gets Bitten
We have a worrying situation with Stan. We noticed that his leg was swollen and on further inspection we saw 2 puncture wounds that looked like fang bites. We thought it might be a non venomous snake or a large centipede.
If it was a venomous snake he would be dead by now, but non venomous snakes can cause bacterial infections.
Without knowing exactly what bit him it's hard to know what treatment to give.
We took his blood to Animal Wellness and it was pretty much normal so he is on antibiotics, anti inflammatory meds and confined in a cage.
He is still very active and eating well so we are not too worried right now